Serving Danville, Pittsylvania County and Richmond
Negril, Inc. specializes in providing quality care and support for individuals with intellectual disabilities, (mental retardation, or dually diagnosed with mental illness) who’s desire is to remain in their homes or in a small unique group home with a home-like atmosphere.
Negril’s mission is to provide the highest quality of, compassionate and comprehensive services to individuals who have a primary diagnosis of intellectual disability and/or have been diagnosed with other mental or physical disabilities and limitations.
- Individuals receive support to help them learn and develop in the areas that are important to them
- Transportation to community and social events, shopping, banking, and medical appointments, and visits to friends and family;
- Assistance to develop a “Circle of Friends”;
- Support and training in community living skills, accessing community resources;
- Assistance and training to become aware of current events local and national;
- Support and training to improve personal care;
- Medication administration, as prescribed by the individual’s physicians, is provided by workers trained according to the state authorized curriculum;
- Nutritional meal planning, food preparation and storage;
- Development of domestic skills, and laundry;
- Money management, check writing, and banking;
- Much, much more.